Sunday, July 7, 2013

Back Again 2013

Well, somehow I haven't been paying attention to the time, and things seem to slip by year after year.  But I have to announce a new addition to the farm. 


Born 23 Jun 2013, this young colt is a beauty.  Official name has been choosen yet, but  we are calling him Amir (Prince).  He seems to really like it.  Actually, I thought I would also share some thoughts on new borns...especially Straight Egyptian Arabians.

Dr. Ibrahim Zaghloul,
Director General EAO (Ret.), Cairo, Egypt

"You know, here in Egypt, we have a custom that one week after the birth of a baby, the mother and all the women relatives make a party where they put the baby in the middle of a circle and they sing and dance and pray for the baby. One day I was walking through the mare paddock when they brought out a week-old foal. The other mares in the paddock came around her and the dam and made a circle. They were protecting the foal until it was ready to move from the mother."

I thought about this and even with the other mares in a different paddock, they all seem to want to see the new one. And Mom is very proud of her new son.

No comments:

Post a Comment