Saturday, July 25, 2009

Communicating

Have you ever thought about if people could be more like horses?

When you meet someone you could just softly blow into their nose to see if they are
friends. That's what horses do when they want to see if the other is a friend or someone they should be afraid of. I thought I would bring it up, since Rose was having me do that and then she was fellowing me everywhere because she established that I was her friend.


I find it very interesting watching and learning about the different behaviors and how they communicate to each other. Now the key here is to establish that I am the Alpha Person, so they won't bite or kick me.

You will see foals when they feel threaten doing a mouthy thing (moving their month, like they are saying, don't hurt me I am little). It's like when a puppy feels threaten how they expose their belly.

Another thought is how they seem to send telepathic pictures to each other when they are communicating. I have watched them do this. Now wouldn't that be a better way to communicate then us talking, and trying to see if the person is receiving what we are trying to tell them?

They do use a lot of body language. For instance, A mare just has to flick an ear in warning to one of the others and they back off. Or how a mare will move her foal around the pen. Nipping it if it does something she doesn't like.


I remember having this colt race up to his mother, who was eating peacefully, he thought he would be cute and climb up on her, she never lifted her head, but took her back leg and shoved him about ten feet. He got up, shook his head and never tried that again.

So, I sometimes wonder if our way of communicating is so great?

1 comment:

  1. 2017 ford fusion hybrid titanium
    The 2019 DAT-2, the 2019, 2017 DAT-2, titanium stud earrings the columbia titanium 2019, 2019 titanium grey DAT-2, the babyliss pro nano titanium 2019 DAT-2, and ti89 titanium calculator the 2019 DAT-2 are all about the upcoming DAT-2,

    ReplyDelete